Saturday, February 01, 2014

Day Five - The Fridge

My fridge never has enough in it.  A bit lost as to what other people have in their fridges that I don't.  Looking today I can write a bit for my shopping list.  Here is my after shot!


Yes, I do only have Coke, meat and a few yogurts.  I really need to shop.


Clean:
Fridge -Today’s task we will be giving your fridge a complete clean:
  1. Throw away anything that is out of date or spoiled. You’ll be surprised what you’ll find.
  2. Move all other items to bench.
  3. Take all removable parts and wash in warm soapy water in the sink.
  4. While they are drying, wipe the inside of the fridge using warm soapy water and sponge, remembering the door shelves.
  5. Place all shelves into the fridge.  
  6. Return food items back into fridge, placing similar food items together.
  7. If needed place a container of bicarbonate of soda in fridge to eliminate odours.
  8. Wipe down the outside of the fridge to clean away sticky spots and fingerprints. 
The fridge door was embarrassing.  Now is fresh.

Declutter:
Cookbooks - I love recipe books, I already have a quite a collection and have just brought home some old cookbooks of mums, which I am excited to go through when I have time.  I love old fashioned recipes.  However  I am running out of storage space so I need to declutter my collection.  I know there are a few cookbooks that I only use one or two recipes from, I have photocopied these and placed them in my family favourite recipe binder and will then donate these cookbooks.

Organise:
Meal Planning - If you have been a follower of this blog for awhile you will know that I am a huge advocate for meal planning.  I usually share our weekly meal plan each Monday, however I have not been able to during the challenge period.  You can find all my previous meal plans here.

No comments: