Saturday, February 01, 2014

Day Eight - Dining Room


Clean:
Clean the dining room.  Wipe over each chair.  Wipe down the top of the buffet.
  • Tidy area by placing all items where they belong
  • Empty bins
  • Dust/wipe over all surfaces
  • Clean window
  • Pick up items from the floor to make vacuuming easier
  • Clean skirting boards
  • Vacuum floor

Declutter:
Kids Toys  - With Christmas around the corner it’s time to sort through the kids toys and purge, hand down or put away anything they have outgrown or no longer play with.  I have recently had a big clean out in my kids rooms, I will be sharing more details once the challenge has finished.

Organise:
 Family Responsibility System - My kids have been helping around the house since they were young, picking up toys from the floor, tidying the bookshelf or helping me dust. I remember when they first asked to unpack the dishwasher I didn’t think they were capable, but they were and they were so pleased to be helping.  My twins are now 9 and half and I have seen that by getting the them to help around the house is teaching them responsibility.  I don’t call them chores as I feel as a family these tasks need to be completed and together we can do it.  I do the dishes, but kids unpack the dishwasher, I fold the washing, the kids put it away. 

No comments: