Friday, January 24, 2014

20 Day Challenge - Clean and Organise My House.

Thank you to the Organised Housewife for this.  My blog is tiny without a following, her site is amazing, but its challenging to find these posts so I want to help myself with this organizing caper, so despite being a bit wrong, I'm posting her posts... trust me, hers is better than mine, go to the original (see link above)


The usual state of our kitchen.  Crap everywhere. Dishes in the sink.


Day One Kitchen

My kitchen is in the middle of the house.  I don't like its layout, it involves a lot of walking.  The stove is in the most ridiculous place.  The main problem with our kitchen is its a dumping ground.  The ledge gets covered in "crap" the bench is always covered in crap.  It is NEVER clean.  But we all all love it when its clean.  I want it clean, we all want it clean.  No one wants to take responsibility for its cleanliness.  I want to feel organised, clean and tidy.  I'm not cleaning the stove, oven, fridge, freezer or pantry today, I'll get to them soon, instead today's task is is:


Declutter:

Remove everything from the kitchen bench that does not belong there:
  • Paper rubbish
  • Rubbish
  • Food
  • Appliances
  • One too many canisters
So retro, so much wood.  Clean and clutter free benches.

Clean:

  • Load dishwasher
  • Wipe over sink
  • Clean the benches
  • Wipe down the cupboard doors
  • Dust on top of the overhead cupboards   
  • Clean the microwave
  • Wipe over walls
  • Clean window and window sills
  • Dust light fittings
Sparkling-ish sink.  That def could be better, but it was 11pm when I took the pic


 Organise:

Under the kitchen sink, this cupboard gets untidy quickly, it’s hard to access most items upon which they tend to get thrown in.  I removed everything from the cupboard and reassessed what I had in there, throwing away anything I no longer needed such as cleaners or relocated some items to the laundry. 
Cupboard under the sink.  WOW


No comments: